We’re back with our latest pod! It’s a rare and special show where Jen actually describes herself as “OK!” We tackle some heavy topics such as dreams and how to define “success.” Is coding/programming the only sure bet left in life in terms of paying work? Does money = love? Or is being acknowledged by strangers the only true expression of real love? Is it better to focus on short-term gains and move on? Or is it better to go for the long haul? We discussed the phenomenon of “Internet pile-ons,” specifically the Ice Bucket Challenge and the death of Robin Williams. I recount the story of a crazy guy who asked me about the Battle of Armageddon. We went over some listener feedback and more!
- Some people want to live in a house with a horse barn. I just want to be able to go to Starbucks all the time.
- I’ve never seen The Godfather or any of the sequels. I have recently watched seasons of G.I. Joe and Transformers, tho.
- Coding: The only sure bet left in life.
- The problem with building apps is I don’t know how to do it.
- AppleScrips aren’t really programming.
- I’ve been doing some volunteer work at my local NPR affiliate.
- I’d like to build a good long-form audio editor for talk-based content.
- Round-robin iTunes review exchanges. No.
- You can only get the Glengarry followers if you’re celebrity-level famous.
- Internet pile-ons. How do you deal with them?
- I wrote a blog post about Jimi Jamison of Survivor.
- GoFundMe page for PG Holyfield.
- Don’t give your charity donations to grocery stores.
- Reevaluating social networks. Do we still need Tumblr? (Jen’s Tumblr | Shawn’s Tumblr)
- Time Bandits and Howard The Duck used to always be on cable.
- Nathan had a dream about us in 2012.
Call our voicemail line: 805-725-5085
Subscribe to Hyper Nonsense: RSS | iTunes | Spreaker | Stitcher | TuneIn | Android | Google Play Music
Let us know if your favorite podcast app/platform isn't listed above!